Golden sautéed mushrooms and fresh sprigs of rosemary on a bed of stock-soaked oats – that’s our new Mushroom Porridge! A savoury take on the classic breakfast – this dish is perfect for cold mornings when you are craving comfort foods.
- Toast the oats in a fry pan over a medium heat for 2 mins, or until lightly brown.
- Pour over the stock and milk. Stir often for 5-10 mins, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the oats are tender.
- While the oats are cooking, in a separate pan, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil. Once golden brown, allow mushrooms to sit in pan over a low heat.
- Once the oats are cooked, fold through the baby spinach and stir over a low heat until the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in ¾ of the sautéed mushrooms and the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, divide the porridge between two serving bowls. Top with the remaining mushrooms, and a little extra milk if required.