You loved our classic Sausage Roll recipe so we hope you’ll love our new Spinach & Ricotta Roll recipe! We don’t know about you but we think this combo is an absolute winner!
The kids are going to love these cheesy zucchini muffins as part of their back to school lunches! Full of fibre and a hit of protein, they are a perfectly balanced option to serve as a healthy meal for your little one, (actually even the big grown up kids are going to love these too)!
Save time each morning by batch cooking these muffins at the beginning of the week. The muffins will freeze well. You could even wrap each individual muffin as they hit the freezer, and take as many as you need out the night before to defrost on the fridge or kitchen bench.
This recipe is a winner all round, keeping both fussy little eaters as well as busy mums and dads happy!
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In the middle of a clean tea-towel or cheese cloth arrange the grated zucchini. Gather the corners of towel to enclose zucchini and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, flours, cheese, baking powder, soda, pepper and salt; set aside. Combine and whisk together yogurt, eggs, honey, oil and finely chopped herbs.
- Add the beaten wet mixture to flour mixture and stir till blended.
- Lightly spray a large 12 muffin pan cups with cooking spray. Fill each about 2/3 full. Bake in centre rack for 20 minutes, or toothpick comes out dry.
- Set tray on wire rack and cool slightly. Invert muffins on the wire rack and let cool.