Do you like all things spicy?🌶 You’ll love our new Sesame Tofu Rice Bowl served alongside lots of fresh chilli! This crispy tofu will have even meat eaters licking their lips!
- 800g firm tofu, drained
- 4 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 tbs water
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- 2 bunches broccolini, blanched
- Red chillies, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into four segments, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped, to serve
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Place the tofu onto a plate lined with paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and gently press down to squeeze out excess liquid. Replace the paper towels, then leave for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, slice the tofu into cubes and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle the 4 tbs cornflour on top and gently toss to ensure all the tofu is evenly covered.
- In a large pan, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil has heated, add the tofu to the pan and allow it to brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, water, honey, minced garlic, rice wine vinegar and cornflour to make the sauce.
- Once the tofu is brown on all sides and crispy, add the sauce to the pan. Allow it to thicken slightly, ensuring the tofu is evenly coated in the sauce. Then remove from the pan from the heat.
- To assemble the bowls, put ½ cup cooked brown rice in each bowl. Then top with the tofu and broccolini. Garnish with red chilli, coriander, sesame seeds and lime. Enjoy!