A diet rich in high fibre foods such as fresh seasonal fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes and wholegrains is your best defence against heart disease. Dark leafy greens such as kale are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In…
A perfect dish for the time-poor, looking to quickly whip something up after work and before bed. This stir fry will see you cooking for only 10 minutes, so you’ll have time to actually enjoy your dinner!
- Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat to the point where a drop of water will sizzle on contact. Then add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Pour in the eggs to cook and stir occasionally until the eggs are scrambled. Let the eggs sit in a bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and add the garlic, onion and sliced veggies. Once the veggies are tender, give 30 more seconds and then add the kale and salt. Continue to cook for a couple of minutes until the kale is wilted and tender. Add the contents to your bowl of eggs.
- Add 2 more teaspoons of oil to the pan and add the coconut flakes to cook. Stir frequently, until the flakes are lightly golden. Add the rice to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the contents of the bowl back into the pan. Add the soy sauce, sriracha sauce and juice of ½ lime. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Slice the remaining ½ lime into wedges, then divide the stir-fry into individual bowls. Garnish with the lime wedges.