Mix up your meals with our Chinese-inspired mandarin orange chicken. The zesty kick will have you drooling for more. 🍗
Who said ham is just for Christmas? Our Springtime Ham with Rhubarb Sauce is sure to be a Spring favourite in households everywhere. Pop it on the dinner menu this week… you won’t be disappointed!
- Do not preheat oven.
- Place the ham straight from the refrigerator, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the ham.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminium foil, leaving the thermometer dial exposed.
- Roast in a 160 C (do not preheat oven) until thermometer registers 60 degrees, approximately 20 – 25 minutes per 500 grams.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped rhubarb, coconut sugar, orange juice, orange peel, dry mustard and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done remove cinnamon stick.
- Remove the aluminium foil from ham and spoon a small amount of the sauce over the ham 15 minutes before end of cooking time, leave uncovered.
- Remove the ham from oven when meat thermometer registers 60C. Cover again with aluminium foil (or a clean tea towel) and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice ham and serve with remaining sauce and your favourite fresh springtime side dish.