Looking for ideas for your Easter Sunday family feast? How about this Middle Eastern inspired lamb dish? Perfect for your Easter Sunday lunch or dinner. Don’t let the look of this dish fool you, yes it looks pretty impressive however…
Who said ham is just for Christmas? Our Springtime Ham with Rhubarb Sauce is sure to be a Spring favourite in households everywhere. Pop it on the dinner menu this week… you won’t be disappointed!
- Do not preheat oven.
- Place the ham straight from the refrigerator, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the ham.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminium foil, leaving the thermometer dial exposed.
- Roast in a 160 C (do not preheat oven) until thermometer registers 60 degrees, approximately 20 – 25 minutes per 500 grams.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped rhubarb, coconut sugar, orange juice, orange peel, dry mustard and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done remove cinnamon stick.
- Remove the aluminium foil from ham and spoon a small amount of the sauce over the ham 15 minutes before end of cooking time, leave uncovered.
- Remove the ham from oven when meat thermometer registers 60C. Cover again with aluminium foil (or a clean tea towel) and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice ham and serve with remaining sauce and your favourite fresh springtime side dish.