Beat the summertime heat with these deliciously refreshing crushes! Kids and adults alike are going to love them and best of all they are super healthy while tasting like a treat. In summer it is particularly important to keep your…
There are only 4 easy steps between you now, and you with four delicious Pumpkin Burrito Bowls! You better get someone to share them with because you’ll be raving about them all night. They’re vegan, but feel free to throw in some cheese or sour cream to make them a little more authentic.
- 2 pumpkins, cut in half, and deseeded to form the 4 bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 cups of chopped purple cabbage
- 400 grams of black beans
- 1 chopped red capsicum
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- Salsa, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Cheese, optional
- Chilli, optional
- Firstly, the pumpkin needs to be roasted. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper and drizzle and rub olive oil on the halved pumpkins.
- Line the inner of the bowls with salt and pepper, then flip them so that they’re face down. Proceed to roast the pumpkin bowls for 40 to 60 minutes, or until the pumpkin flesh is soft enough to be pierced with a fork.
- The cabbage and bean mix needs to be prepared while the pumpkin roasts. Toss the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil and salt. Let the mix marinate.
- Once the pumpkin has been roasted, use a fork to ‘scratch up’ the flesh of the pumpkin in order to produce a pulp. Add the cabbage and bean mix to each bowl, and add any traditional burrito sides such as guacamole, sour cream, chilli etc.