Deliciously moist with juicy pieces of fresh cherries dotted throughout, this Choc-Cherry olive oil bundt cake is a must-try for any cherry and chocolate lover. Cherry season is such an exciting time, for many of us, it is synonymous with…
This dessert is made of a pink meringue shell topped with cream, sliced strawberries and a generous drizzle of strawberry sauce. The freshest ingredients of strawberries and mint combine to create the perfect showpiece for your next dinner party!
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (fan forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper and trace a 20cm circle onto it.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until firm peaks are formed. Continue beating, gradually adding the combined sugars, pink food colouring, vinegar and vanilla, until thick and shiny. Carefully fold in the corn flour.
- Pile the mixture into the circle on the baking paper, making a hollow in the centre that will later take the filling. Cut furrows into the side with a knife to help the pavlova hold its shape.
- Turn the oven down to 100°C and bake undisturbed for 1¼ hours. Leave the pavlova in the turned off oven until completely cool.
- Do not open the oven during this time.
- Heat the strawberry sauce in a saucepan over low to medium heat on the stove, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of water, then stir constantly, over low heat, until any berries begin to break down and the sauce develops a thinner, pourable consistency.
- Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes or until it’s still thin enough to pour but no longer hot.
- Pile the whipped cream onto the pavlova and then gently drizzle with the strawberry sauce.
- Garnish with the sliced strawberries.
- Serve with shredded mint leaves, if desired.