These candied orange slices are a perfect sweet treat to serve guests with coffee over the festive season. Although they look sophisticated, they are surprisingly easy to make and store in the fridge. Cara Cara oranges are the perfect oranges…
We may be biased but we think our new Strawberry Slice is the best thing sliced bread🍓 If you’re a crumble fan, you’ll LOVE this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 20cm square slice tin with cooking oil, then line with baking paper and allow it to overhang.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in the butter and egg, then mix again.
- Measure out one cup of the mixture and set aside. Place the remaining mixture into the slice tin and press into the base.
- Combine the strawberries, white sugar and cornflour in a bowl.
- Spread the jam on top of the base, then scatter over the strawberries.
- Use your hands to crumble the remaining mixture over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins or until the top is deep golden in colour. Remove the slice from the oven and let it cool for 10 mins in the tin before lifting it out of the tin.
- To serve, cut the slice into squares and serve at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the bench or in the fridge.