Try going meat-free for dinner tonight with bowls of our new Lentil & Mushroom Bolognese 🍝 Packed with Mushrooms, Carrot, Onion and Celery from your local Fruit and Veg shop, the whole family will love this comforting dish.
Have you tried the Blend?
Try out these Beef and Mushroom Blended Tacos for a healthy spin on taco night! This recipe is made with a 70% Mushroom + 30% Beef Mince blend!
This recipe was created by Blenditarian!
- 350g flat mushrooms, finely diced
- 150g beef mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup water
- 10 hard or soft taco shells
- 4 cos lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Coriander, to serve
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 160℃.
- Place hard taco shells on a baking tray. If making soft tacos, wrap the tortillas in foil and place on an oven tray.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add beef mince and chosen taco seasoning ingredients. Stir to combine and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the meat is cooked through and spices are fragrant.
- Add water to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Place tacos in the oven to warm through.
- To make the guacamole, combine avocado and Spanish onion in a bowl. Add lime juice to taste and mix to combine.
- Assemble tacos by adding mushroom mixture, lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream to the shell or tortilla. Garnish with coriander.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.