Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
Have you tried The Blend? Learn how to be a Blenditarian, with Mushrooms + Mince = The Blend
Have dinner sorted in no time with this easy and delicious Beef and Mushroom Blended Meatloaf!
This recipe blends 25% Mushroom + 75% Beef Mince.
- 170g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 slices white bread
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Extra 2 tbsp BBQ sauce to glaze
- 2 Spanish onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Combine ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Place mixture into the prepared tin. Cover and bake for 1hour 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the caramelised onions by heating oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Sweat for 5-6 minutes or until softened and translucent. Add vinegar and sugar to the pan and continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven. Glaze with additional BBQ sauce then place caramelised onions on top. Return meatloaf to the oven uncovered and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before cutting or refrigerate until required. Serve with seasonal vegetables or salad.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.