Soups are ideal dinners on cold winter nights, warming and filling without being too heavy. We all have our tried and true favourites, but by the end of winter, they can get a tad tired. The delicate earthy flavours of…
This Asian style broth is full of fresh crisp vegetables and is easy to make.
- Finely slice the inner part of the lemongrass.
- Peel and finely chop ginger and garlic and finely chop spring onions.
- Soak noodles in cold water until they soften and drain.
- Wash and trim bok choy, peel and julienne carrot & pick and wash coriander.
- Pour oil into heavy based saucepan, heat and add ginger, garlic, and lemongrass stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock and simmer for 10 minutes, add carrot and bok choy and baby corn, bring back to boil.
- Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper, shao hsing wine and sugar, place noodles evenly in soup bowls and pour hot soup over.
- Finally garnish with fresh picked coriander leaves and serve.