This Carrot and Orange soup is a great way to use up those bulk bags of carrots and oranges. The sweetness of sauteed onions and carrots combined with a little zing of orange will keep you dipping in your bread…
We guarantee this Vegetable Tikka Masala will get your tick of approval ☑️ Served on a bed of rice or with a side of flatbread – it’s a filling dish that’ll impress everyone!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each chilli powder, smoked paprika, and coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric and cumin
- 170g tomato paste
- 400g fire roasted tomatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Naan bread or cooked rice, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion, stirring often to make sure the onions caramelize evenly. Keep stirring occasionally and cook onions for around 10-15 mins.
- While the onions are sauteing, chop the cauliflower, carrots, and capsicum. Set aside.
- Add the grated ginger and minced garlic, then sauté for a minute or until fragrant.
- Next, add in the tomato paste, fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, dried spices, and water. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower and carrots, and let simmer covered for around 10 mins.
- Add in the capsicum and let simmer covered again for another 5 mins or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Finally, add in the yoghurt, and season with salt and pepper. Serve alongside some naan bread or cooked rice, and top with additional Greek yoghurt and coriander, if desired.