This super nourishing meat free meal is a great way to warm you up this winter from the inside out. This fuss free soup uses simple ingredients that most people will have readily available, which makes this recipe a great…
Our Veggie Packed Soup won’t just warm you up, it’s loaded with nutritious veggies that will satisfy your tastebuds and leave you feeling full all afternoon!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 bacon rashers, diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 small potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 button mushrooms
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1.25L vegetable stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pasta (macaroni or elbow)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the garlic, onion, bacon, celery, potatoes and carrot. Cook until fragrant and starting to soften.
- Add stock, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for around 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta, zucchini and mushrooms; boil, uncovered for around 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve warm and topped with grated parmesan!