Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
Kick off your journey to becoming a Blenditarian with these Vietnamese Chicken and Mushroom Mince Patties with Vermicelli salad! A great meal for the upcoming summer season for all to enjoy.
This recipe was created by Blenditarian
- VIETNAMESE CHICKEN PATTIES
- 125g mushrooms, grated
- 375g chicken mince
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs coriander, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- VERMICELLI SALAD
- 125g dried vermicelli noodles
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated or cut into matchsticks
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ large red chilli, finely chopped
- Add the ingredients for the chicken patties to a large bowl. Mix to combine then roll into 12-14 patties. Keep your hands wet when rolling the patties as the mixture will be quite sticky. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Place the vermicelli noodles in the boiling water and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the noodles from the water and rinse under cold running water. Set aside in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by combining the ingredients for the dressing in a glass jar of jug. Shake or stir to combine.
- Assemble the salad by adding the carrot, cucumber, shallots and herbs into the bowl with the vermicelli noodles. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the chicken patties on a bed of the vermicelli salad