This salad is definitely no regular salad. Full of sweet flavours and crunchy textures this will be a hit with the whole family. We recommend you serve this chilled, as it is a refreshing style salad perfect to serve when…
This no-bake cheesecake is a taste sensation and is the perfect make ahead dessert for any special occasion…. How about for this Valentine’s Day for your special someone?!
This cheesecake both looks and tastes absolutely amazing, and is guaranteed to please. The best thing is, it is super easy to make with most of the time involved being in the chill and set time. Even the most basic of cooks could whip up this divine dessert. Don’t let the look scare you off, give it a go and treat your loved ones. We’re sure it will become a new firm favourite!
- 3 - 4 Lady finger bananas, ripe
- 150 gram White chocolate
- 1 Cup Thickened cream
- 2x 250 gram Philadelphia cheese
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ½ Tsp Gelatine powder
- 2 Tsp Lime zest, finely grated
- 1 drop Natural green food colour, (optional)
- 1 Cup Fresh raspberries
- 1 ½ Tbsp Fresh lime peel, grated
- Chop the chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave by microwaving at 20% power for 15 seconds at a time. After each 15 second interval, give the chocolate a stir and repeat this process until most of the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave, set aside stirring occasionally until all the chocolate is melted and is smooth. (You could also melt the chocolate using a double boiler).
- Line a 8 ½ inch spring form tin with baking paper.
- Halve the lady fingers lengthwise and arrange in an even layer on the bottom of the pan with the rounded sides facing up.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the thickened cream with an electric beater. Be careful to not over whip it, set aside.
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese on lowest speed of electric mixer until smooth. Blend in sugar and the melted white chocolate, mix well.
- Sprinkle the gelatine powder on top of the lime juice in a small saucepan. Let it stand for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Stir the bloomed gelatine over low heat until gelatine is dissolved. Blend the warm gelatine and lime zest into the cheese mixture along with a drop of food colouring (if using).
- Fold cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour into the lined pan over the lady finger bananas.
- Sprinkle the raspberries and grated lime peel over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or until set.