1 hour 10 mins
Whether you’re after a snack, breakfast, lunch or a light dinner, our Zucchini & Goat’s Cheese Slice will hit the spot.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 500g zucchini (approx. 4)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup parmesan, grated
- 100g pancetta (half chopped finely and half thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tbs olive oil
- Fresh salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a shallow brownie/loaf pan with baking paper.
- To prepare the zucchini, grate three of them, and thinly slice the remaining one using a vegetable peeler.
- Whisk together the eggs and flour in a large bowl until combined.
- Add in the grated zucchini, spring onion, goat’s cheese, parmesan, chopped pancetta, dill and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula.
- Alternate slices of zucchini and pancetta strips on top, then brush with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 45 mins or until the slice is firm and golden brown.
- Allow slice to cool in the pan for 15 mins, then cut into slices and serve warm.