Soups are ideal dinners on cold winter nights, warming and filling without being too heavy. We all have our tried and true favourites, but by the end of winter, they can get a tad tired. The delicate earthy flavours of…
Looking for a summer casserole? Look no further than our Zucchini Roll Up Casserole! Thin slices of Zucchini are filled with smooth ricotta and parmesan, then nestled on top of a pesto and cherry tomato base. YUM!
- Firstly, position racks in the middle and upper third of the oven. Preheat oven to 220°C. Coat two large baking trays with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick strips. You should be left with around 16 strips of zucchini. Place the strips onto the lined baking trays. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until softened, around 10-15 mins. Remove trays from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- In an 8×8 inch baking dish, whisk together the cream, pesto, and cornflour. Sprinkle the chopped cherry tomatoes over the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, mixed herbs, and garlic. Spread approx. 1 tbsp of the ricotta mixture onto each slice of zucchini. Carefully roll up the slices and place them into the baking dish, seam-side down.
- Bake in the oven until hot and bubbling, around 20-25 mins. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves when serving.