Jazz up dinner with a Falafel Salad on the side! This nutritious dish will leave your kids with a smile on their face.
Looking for a summer casserole? Look no further than our Zucchini Roll Up Casserole! Thin slices of Zucchini are filled with smooth ricotta and parmesan, then nestled on top of a pesto and cherry tomato base. YUM!
- Firstly, position racks in the middle and upper third of the oven. Preheat oven to 220°C. Coat two large baking trays with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick strips. You should be left with around 16 strips of zucchini. Place the strips onto the lined baking trays. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until softened, around 10-15 mins. Remove trays from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- In an 8×8 inch baking dish, whisk together the cream, pesto, and cornflour. Sprinkle the chopped cherry tomatoes over the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, mixed herbs, and garlic. Spread approx. 1 tbsp of the ricotta mixture onto each slice of zucchini. Carefully roll up the slices and place them into the baking dish, seam-side down.
- Bake in the oven until hot and bubbling, around 20-25 mins. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves when serving.