Crunchy on the outside, cheesy and gooey on the inside with just the right amount of corn and broccoli to make you feel like the kids are at least eating some vegetables. These are a perfect after-school hot snack to keep little hands out of the cookie jar. But these aren’t just for the kids, they will have big hands coming back for more as well. They make great party snacks as you can make them ahead and pop them in the air fryer just before guests arrive. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and watch them dissapear.
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets cut to approx 10 - 15 mm
- ¾ cup of fresh corn kernels
- 3 cups of shredded cheese, we used a mix of mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan
- 2 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- Vegetable oil spray
- team broccoli florets and corn kernels until beginning to soften.
- Whisk two eggs in a large bowl, add cooled broccoli florets and corn kernels, cheese, paprika, garlic powder, a pinch of salt, and ¼ cup of panko bread crumbs. (If you are using cream cheese in your cheese mixture only add enough egg to allow balls to form and stick together)
- Shape the mixture into balls using 1 x heaped tablespoon for each, they should be roughly golfball-sized. Place in a single layer on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30min to set.
- Prepare crumbing station, using three small bowls. Add flour to one bowl, whisk two eggs in another bowl and add the remaining panko bread crumbs to the third bowl.
- Remove balls from refrigerator, roll in flour and shake off excess, dip in egg and allow excess to drip off then roll in panko crumbs.
- Spray or brush crumbed balls with oil and air-fry at 200C for approx 20 – 25min or until golden.
- Serve warm with a sauce of your choice.