4 (makes two tarts)
- Remove 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry from the freezer to defrost
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and place a baking sheet on the centre rack.
- Make the cheese filling by beating 1 egg and goats cheese together in a bowl. Mix in most of the tarragon, reserving a little for garnish. season with cracked black pepper to taste.
- Wash and trim any woody stems off the asparagus and dry with paper towel then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Beat the remaining egg until combined.
- Once the pastry has defrosted, unwrap each piece of puff pastry and place on parchment paper.
- Brush the pastry with the egg mixture and fold over the edges roughly 2cm wide to form a frame for the filling. brush the border with more egg wash.
- Spread the cheese mixture within the border and press in the asparagus spears.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the pre-heated oven & carefully place the baking paper with asparagus tarts on the hot baking sheet and return to the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with remaining tarragon leaves and salt and pepper to taste.