1 hr 10 mins
If you’re after a healthy snack option, try making this Baba Ganoush! Pair it with freshly chopped veggies and some toasted pita bread and you’ve got the perfect snack set up to fuel you for the remainder of the day!
- Preheat oven to 230C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the eggplants in half, lengthwise. Place the sliced eggplants, flesh side down, onto the baking trays.
- Roast in the oven on the middle rack, until very tender, around 45-60 mins. Note: Test the tenderness by piercing the skin with a fork. The flesh should be very tender and collapsing. Once done, allow to cool.
- Once cooled, scoop out the flesh, drain in a strainer for 10 mins. Once drained, you should have approx. 2 cups.
- Mash the eggplant flesh with a fork and add the remaining ingredients for the dip.
- Add in the salt and lemon juice, to taste. Stir through the Greek yoghurt, if desired.
- Place the dip in a shallow serving bowl. Make a well in the centre with the back of a spoon and drizzle over the olive oil. Top with the parsley and smoked paprika.
- Serve with toasted pita bread and freshly chopped veggies of your choice. We used cucumber and red capsicum.