Deliciously moist with juicy pieces of fresh cherries dotted throughout, this Choc-Cherry olive oil bundt cake is a must-try for any cherry and chocolate lover. Cherry season is such an exciting time, for many of us, it is synonymous with…
Black Forrest Cupcakes:
These petit cupcakes are the most beautiful offering for a potluck or picnic. Black forrest is delicious, deluxe and full of fruity goodness. Give them a go to show off to your friends!
Support small and pick up your Fruit from your local Fruit & Veg shop today.
Recipe provided by Australian Cherries
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup caster/raw sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 200g pitted cherries, halved
- 125g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 whole cherries with stem on
- Preheat oven to 180C and place 12 cupcake wrappers in a muffin tin.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until creamy. Add eggs and beat well until incorporated.
- Stir in yoghurt and then gently fold in flour, baking powder, cocoa, cherries and milk until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool.
- Make the icing by combining the butter, sugar and vanilla paste. Add milk as required to achieve a rich, creamy, spreadable consistency.
- Sift the icing sugar over each cupcake and top with a cherry.