1 hour 10 mins
Broccoli AND Potato in a tray together? Why yes, it is the perfect match! Give a warm welcome to our Broccoli Hashbrown Bake – a cosy, crunchy topped dish that makes hump day a little more bearable!
- Preheat oven to 200C, and lightly grease a 20x30cm baking dish.
- Soak the cashews and sliced carrots in very hot water for 20 mins. Once done, drain the water and add both to a blender.
- Meanwhile, grate your potatoes, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Add the grated potatoes, chopped broccoli, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast to the prepared baking dish. Toss to combine.
- To the blender, add your garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and milk, blending mixture until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Next, pour the sauce over the potatoes and broccoli, tossing to combine. Use the back of a spoon to smooth sauce over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins or until the top is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!