Deliciously moist with juicy pieces of fresh cherries dotted throughout, this Choc-Cherry olive oil bundt cake is a must-try for any cherry and chocolate lover. Cherry season is such an exciting time, for many of us, it is synonymous with…
Brussels sprouts done in a way that even the kids will love and be coming back for more!
Winter meals are all about hearty, nourishing and comforting foods, this Gratin is all of that and more. This recipe would have to be one of our favourite ways to serve Brussels Sprouts, they go perfectly with bacon and topped with cheesy crunchy breadcrumbs takes them to the next level of DELICIOUS!
Enjoy this simple yet hearty side dish with any of your go to winter meals.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by cutting a thin slice off the root end and then cutting an X in that end so it cooks evenly inside and out.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, blanch sprouts until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, refresh in cold water, and drain again. (Do not let the sprouts sit in water for more than a minute.)
- In a non-stick fry pan, sauté the bacon until cooked, not crisp.
- Mix the sprouts and bacon together and spread the mixture in a buttered gratin dish (or casserole dish).
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour cream over the sprouts-bacon mixture and sprinkle over the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy and golden on top.