5 ingredients… that’s all you’ll need to make our refreshing Mango Iced Tea!
Attention frittata lovers – boy do we have a treat for you! Say hello to our Capsicum and Basil Frittata a mouth-watering combination of basil, capsicum and cheese!
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 sml/med onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 sml/med capsicum (combination of red and yellow), seeded and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium to high heat, allow to boil and reduce by half. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron fry pan (or other oven safe frypan). Add onion, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few pinches of pepper. Sauté the onion over medium heat until it begins to release its juices and becomes soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add capsicum and garlic, reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook slowly for about 15 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and add in the cheeses and basil. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the fry pan with the onion and capsicum mixture, swirling oil around until it is evenly distributed.
- Cook the frittata for 1-2 minutes, until sides begin to set then transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until frittata is golden and firm.
- Loosen frittata with a spatula. Place a plate over pan, flip over, and turn frittata out.
- Brush bottom and sides with reduced balsamic vinegar and cut into wedges.