One of our all time favourite recipes, Mango & Sesame Coleslaw! An easy salad to compliment your meal or add chicken to make it a meal on it’s own.
Looking for a healthy side dish? We have you covered with this delicious cauliflower and couscous salad.
Popping with gorgeous colours this salad is perfect to serve at your next dinner party.
The hero ingredient in this dish is the pomegranate arils, with pomegranates being one of the healthiest fruits on Earth. Packed full of nutrients and high in antioxidants this amazing fruit can help lower your risk of chronic illness and disease. Pomegranates are full of hundreds of seeds call arils, which are the edible part of the fruit.
- 1 Cup Couscous*
- 1 ½ Cup Boiling water
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 sml Onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 Cup Cauliflower, broken in to small florets
- 1 Cup Pomegranate arils
- 1 Cup Pistachio, shelled and unsalted
- 1/3 Cup Dried cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ½ Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Place the couscous in to a large heatproof bowl, add the boiling water and mix to combine. Cover the bowl either with a lid or foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until onions become soft. Add the cauliflower and continue to sauté for another minute or so, until the cauliflower is just tender, be sure not to overcook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Return to the couscous and fluff with a fork to separate all the grains.
- Add the couscous to a serving bowl along with the cooked onion and cauliflower. Add all remaining ingredients and toss together. Season with a little salt.
- Either serve as a warm salad or cover and place in the refrigerator to chill and serve as a cold salad*.
Recipe note: If serving as a cold salad, we suggest to add the pistachios just before serving so they don’t become too soft.
* For a gluten free option you can swap the couscous for cooked quinoa instead.