These delectable Indian fritters are a true delight for the taste buds. Thinly sliced onions, generously spiced and enveloped in a chickpea flour batter, are fried to perfection until golden and crispy. Pairing them with cucumber raita, a refreshing dip…
You’re looking at our Cauliflower Pasties – little parcels that pack a punch! Curried Cauliflower paired with crunchy cashews, raisins and curry leaves make for a winning dish the whole family will love.
- ½ a cauliflower, sliced into 1cm-thick pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Finely grated zest & juice of ½ a lemon
- 150g paneer, chopped
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- Fried curry leaves, to serve
- Greek yoghurt and tomato relish, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Steam cauliflower in a pot of boiling salted water for 3-4 mins until almost tender.
- Remove pot from the heat and allow cauliflower to cool slightly. Place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, cashews, spices, raisins, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Cut the pastry into 4 squares, then place onto the lined baking tray. Lightly prick the centre of each square with a fork, leaving a 1cm border.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture and the paneer between the pastry squares, then bake in the oven for 15 mins or until they’re puffed and golden.
- To serve, scatter with the fried curry leaves and serve alongside some Greek yoghurt and tomato relish.