Start your day with a smile, and enjoy homemade Mandarin Marmalade with crumpets, and a cup of tea or coffee.
- Heat vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, gloves, onions, apricots and apples and let simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cherries and simmer for another 40-50 minutes or until it thickens and becomes syrupy.
- Stir in salt and nutmeg.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Spoon into sterilized jars.
- Seal with lid and refrigerate until ready to use.