1 hour 10 mins (inc. marinating time)
These colourful Chicken Burrito Bowls are the perfect dish for a bit of Sunday meal prep! There’s so much delicious fresh produce in there (oh hey Tomato, Avo, Cucumber, Coriander and Corn!)
- 1 medium chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice + wedges to serve
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- Feta, to serve
- In a bowl, using a whisk, combine the lime juice, olive oil, water, garlic, honey, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder and chili powder.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, coat in the marinade, cover, then place in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a skillet over a medium-high heat, then add the chicken and cook for 5-6 mins on each side or until cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked, cut the chicken into desired sized pieces.
- Divide the rice between 4 meal prep containers, then arrange the chicken, black beans, tomato, corn, cucumber, and avocado. Top with additional coriander and crumbled feta cheese.