Who could say no to a delicious Caesar Salad! Made with crispy cos lettuce from your local fruit and veg shop, this recipe is sure to impress your family, or friends.
Are salads a spring favourite of yours?
We love them because they’re fresh, healthy and delicious! Try our Chicken Spring Salad next! It’s got chicken, lettuce and asparagus, with a delightful lemon-herb dressing.
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinless
- 2 - 3 bunches fresh asparagus
- ½ large head iceberg lettuce (or use 1 whole small head)
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- Lemon-herb dressing:
- ½ cup extra light olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 - 2 small garlic cloves, pressed (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken breast in a saucepan, cover with water and simmer covered for 20 mins or until done. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare remaining salad. Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody ends.
- Add a splash or two of water into a fry pan and heat over medium to high. Add the asparagus and cook tossing occasionally for 2 – 3 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and crisp tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- With a sharp knife, shred the lettuce and place in a large salad bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients into a glass jar, secure the lid and shake well until blended.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the lettuce.
- Return to the chicken and using two forks shred into strips or with a sharp knife slice into thin strips.
- Slice the asparagus into 2-inch diagonal pieces.
- Add the chicken and asparagus with the lettuce, drizzle with remaining dressing and toss through the toasted almonds.
- Serve and garnish with lemon slices.