Our new Chocolate Pear Cake is as cosy as desserts come! If you’ve never tried the combo that is pear and choc, you’ll never look back now. It’s incredibly moreish so be careful or it will disappear very quickly!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line the base of a 9-inch round springform pan.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- In a microwave, melt the butter and dark chocolate in a small bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring.
- Transfer the melted mixture to a large bowl, then add the white sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light in colour. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, then continue beating to combine the mixture.
- Alternating, add in the flour mixture then milk, in two batches.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and top the cake batter with the sliced pears.
- Bake the cake for around 45 mins or until a toothpick comes out almost entirely clean.
- Once cooked, allow the cake to cool in the pan. Once cool, remove from the pan and slice to serve.