Light and fluffy Lemon & Raspberry Coconut Muffins are sure to make your morning delightful. We’ve created the perfect recipe that features those two fabulous fruits!
Are you a savoury pancake fan? If you answered yes, you’ll love our Corn Fritters with Yellow Capsicum Relish💛 You may not have known it before, but you’ll know it once you’ve tasted these – corn and yellow capsicum are a match made in heaven!
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 medium yellow capsicums, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- CORN CAKES
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup plain flour, unbleached (organic if possible)
- ½ cup polenta
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- ½ cup milk, (or a little more)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh cut from the cob
- Butter, cut into slivers (for cooking)
- In a fry pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced capsicum and the garlic, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, sugar, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the juices are slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly then stir in the fresh coriander. Transfer to a glass jar or container, secure the lid and refrigerate until completely chilled. (Can make ahead of time)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cumin.
- Make a well in the middle and add the milk, eggs, tabasco sauce, and corn. Mix through until well combined. Add a little more milk if mixture is too dry. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large frypan heat a little butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- When the pan is very hot, spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan for each cake. Cook about 3 cakes at a time for about 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Keep warm while cooking the remaining cakes, adding a little butter to the pan before cooking each batch.
- Serve the corn cakes with a little of the relish on top.