Irish and non-Irish alike, we have you covered with celebrating this year’s St. Patricks day with food and all things green. This bright green pureed soup is the perfect colour to be serving up this March 17th. The flavour is…
This super nourishing meat free meal is a great way to warm you up this winter from the inside out. This fuss free soup uses simple ingredients that most people will have readily available, which makes this recipe a great one to have on standby for those night you’re just not sure what to make.
While being a very simple meal, let’s not underestimate how gorgeous and delicious it is. This soup is bursting with flavour and gets even better the next day, making it a great meal to make ahead of time.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium to high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 – 10 minutes, or until tender and translucent.
- Add the lentils and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the carrots and curry powder, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, stock, salt and paprika, bring to a boil, lower heat and cover.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and ladle into soup bowls.
- Serve immediately and garnish with either fresh coriander or parsley