Deliciously moist with juicy pieces of fresh cherries dotted throughout, this Choc-Cherry olive oil bundt cake is a must-try for any cherry and chocolate lover. Cherry season is such an exciting time, for many of us, it is synonymous with…
Cherries get a fun savoury makeover in these delicious summer tacos! Make the most of Cherry season and try out this paring of Duck and Cherries, we know you’ll love it!
This recipe was provided by Australian Cherries.
- 2 tsp each ground coriander and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp each ground chilli and ground cumin
- 1sp salt
- 4 duck breasts
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- CHERRY SALSA
- 1½ cups pitted fresh cherries, coarsely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 jalapeño or long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Combine spices and salt in a wide shallow bowl and coat duck breasts in the spice mixture.
- Place duck breasts skin-side down in a cold, large frying pan, turn the heat onto low-medium and cook, rendering the fat, for 10 minutes until the skin is golden and the fat has rendered.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Turn the duck breasts over and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the duck to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
To make the cherry salsa:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Warm tortillas according to packet instructions.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with lime juice until combined and season well with salt.
To assemble the tacos:
- Spoon avocado down the centre of warmed tortillas.
- Slice duck breasts and divide among tortillas.
- Top with cherry salsa to serve.