A bowl full of delicious veggies – that’s our easy ratatouille! Zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, the list goes on!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchinis, thickly sliced
- 2 medium eggplants, coarsely chopped
- 2x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ½ bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp white vinegar
- Fresh sourdough, to serve
- In a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Once hot, add the onion, capsicums, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the capsicum has softened.
- Then add the zucchini and eggplant, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins.
- Add the diced tomatoes and sugar, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Remove the lid, then cook for 8 mins or until the sauce has thickened and all vegetables are tender.
- Remove ratatouille from the heat before stirring through the basil and vinegar.
- Serve while warm with freshly cut sourdough – enjoy!