Raspberry and white chocolate… name a more dynamic duo! These White Choc & Raspberry Cookies are the sweet snack of our dreams. Baked to perfection and topped with delicious fresh Raspberries from your local Fruit and Veg shop, they’re the…
We’re excited to share this classic recipe… Homemade Strawberry Jam! There’s nothing better than lathering on some homemade jam to scones, pancakes, or fresh bread.
- In a large bowl, crush the strawberries (in batches) until you have 4 cups of mashed berries. Alternatively, place them in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until well mashed.
- In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat to high, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Allow to gently boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches its setting point. To test the setting point, remove mixture from the heat and spoon a small amount of onto a chilled plate. Place in the freezer for 30 secs, remove plate, then draw your finger through the mixture. When it has reached setting point, a clean trail should be left on the plate.
- Once setting point has been reached, transfer the jam to hot sterile jars and seal.
Note: How to sterilize jam jars
- Wash your jars and lids in warm soapy water, then rinse.
- Place jars on a tray and into the cold oven.
- Heat oven to 120C for at least 30 mins.
- Once the jam has reached its setting point, fill the jars, and seal whilst the jars are still hot.