Looking for the perfect hummus recipe? Look no further… here it is! This easy, creamy hummus is the perfect snack when served with pita bread, or a fresher option of carrot and celery sticks.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, olive oil and salt and pepper. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- While the food processor is running, add in 2 tablespoons of water. Blend until the mixture is super smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary – roughly 1 minute.
- Add half of the drained chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, and add the remaining chickpeas and process. Add more water if necessary in order to achieve a lovely, creamy texture.
- Taste hummus mixture and add salt as necessary.
- Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and some paprika.