This versatile vegetable salad makes a perfect healthy side for a summer barbeque meal or a fresh yet filling lunch option (top it with some poached chicken if you like). The crisp snow peas and mild earthy broccolini paired with…
Say hello to our NEW Italian Cous Cous Salad ?? It’s healthy, simple and is a perfect meal prep option. Featuring crunchy capsicum, cherry tomatoes, salami and olives, there’s lots to love about this salad.
- 300g Pearl cous cous
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 140g salami, coarsely chopped
- 140g feta, crumbled
- 1 large green capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 120g black olives, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp each: dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano
- ¼ tsp chili flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the cous cous according to packet directions making sure to add in the seasoning mix. Note: We recommend adding a few teaspoons of your favourite seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, and/or stock) to taste.
- While the cous cous is cooking, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. i.e. Chop the salami, crumble the feta, slice the capsicum, etc.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well. Next, add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, add the prepared couscous to a large serving bowl and allow to cool. Add in all the veggies, salami, basil, and chickpeas. Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and the dressing.