Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 30 mins
Want to know a match that’s made in heaven? Lemony leeks and salty, creamy goat’s cheese! Our new Leek & Goat’s Cheese Tart is a delectable dish that’s perfect as an entrée or lunch option served with a green side salad.
- Heat oven to 200°C. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan, then add the butter. Once the butter is sizzling, add in the sliced leeks and cook, stirring over a medium heat until softened but not browning.
- Stir through the thyme and the lemon zest, and then increase the heat. Add the lemon juice and cook for around 30 seconds until the lemon juice has reduced, then season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the puff pastry on a lined baking tray. Mark a 1cm border around the edges lightly with the tip of a sharp knife, and prick all over the base with a fork.
- Spread the leeks on top of the puff pastry, within the 1cm border. Crumble over the goat’s cheese, scatter the walnuts, then season with pepper, to taste. Drizzle a little extra olive oil over the tart, if desired.
- Place the tart in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the edges are golden brown. Scatter fresh parsley over the top, and serve either hot, warm or cool.