It’s scone to be a good day with our Lemon & Blueberry Scones for morning tea! These healthier than normal scones are made with wholemeal flour, and are packed with juicy, bursting blueberries.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Slice the butter and add into the dry ingredients. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the blueberries and lemon zest, stirring through gently. Then stir in the yoghurt and milk and mix until the mixture forms a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Note: If the mixture is too sticky to handle, add more flour.
- Form dough into a circle that’s approx. an inch thick. Cut the circle into 8 slices. Separate the slices and place them onto the prepared baking tray spaced apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a bit of additional brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until golden brown.