Our new Creamy Lime Dip is a bit different to most dips as it’s a sweet one! Rather than serving with savoury treats, it’s served with fresh Fruit from your local Fruit and Veg shop, and sweet treats 🍓
Is baking on your agenda this weekend? Look no further than these Lemon & Poppyseed Cookies for a sweet treat the whole family will love. Fresh Lemons from your local Fruit and Veg shop are the star of the show!
- 2 ¼ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup coarse polenta
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds + additional for icing
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp lemon zest + additional for icing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, polenta, poppy seeds, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer using a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until well combined. Next, add the oil, egg, and lemon juice and continue mixing until the mixture is pale and well combined (around 1 minute).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on a low speed until just combined.
- Make ¼ cup sized balls of dough and place onto the lined baking tray, ensuring you leave room between each because the cookies will spread out as they cook.
- Bake in the oven for 12-13 mins. Once done, remove tray from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 1 min before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- If you’d like to dress up your cookies, combine the icing sugar, vanilla, and milk to make a runny icing (adding more milk if required). Dip half of each cookie into the icing mixture, then top with more poppy seeds and lemon zest, if desired. Enjoy!