It’s fruit juice cocktail o’clock! But guess what – this colourful concoction is alcohol-free! You, and all those sharing this delicious jug of fruity-goodness will love all the fresh fruits we’ve squeezed into this one.
What’s a match made in heaven you ask? Lemon + sweet potato!
Our Lemony Sweet Potato Pie is so good you’ll forget that there’s sweet potato in it!
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and flour until well combined and creamed.
- Add the milk, lemon juice and lemon peel, butter, and the mashed sweet potatoes; beat until well combined.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and place on middle rack of preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 180C and continue to bake until pie is firm, approx. a further 20 minutes. This may vary from oven to oven.
- Serve warm topped with chilled sweetened whipping cream.