The perfect Mashed Sweet Potato doesn’t exis… oh yes it does! This smooth, creamy pile of mashed Sweet Potato is the ultimate side dish. Pair it with some steamed Veg and your favourite meat for a wholesome dinner the entire family will adore.
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place them onto the prepared tray. Roast until the sweet potatoes are fork tender, around 1 hour. Once done, remove tray from the oven and let potatoes cool slightly. Next, peel potatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add butter to a small pan over a medium heat. Allow the butter to bubble until it changes from a bright yellow to a golden brown. Once done, remove the butter from the heat and transfer to a small bowl.
- To the bowl with the sweet potato, add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, salt, and browned butter.
- Use a potato masher to mash all ingredients until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the remaining tablespoon of brown butter before serving. Enjoy!