These candied orange slices are a perfect sweet treat to serve guests with coffee over the festive season. Although they look sophisticated, they are surprisingly easy to make and store in the fridge. Cara Cara oranges are the perfect oranges…
These Mini Pear & Apple Pies couldn’t get any cuter if they tried. Featuring flavourful Apples and Pears from your local Fruit and Veg shop, these little sweet treats are a delicious snack or after dinner dessert.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Cut out 4-inch rounds from shortcrust pastry sheets until you get roughly 18 circles.
- Then, gently press the circles into greased muffin trays.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apple and pear, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spoon the mixture into the pie crusts, making sure you don’t over-fill them.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 mins, until the edges of the mini pies are a light golden brown.
- Once done, remove the muffin trays from the oven and allow the mini pies to cool for 5-10 mins (in the trays). Then, using a knife or small spatula, carefully pop the mini pies out of the muffin trays, and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve as is, or drizzle over a glaze or icing of your choice.