Feast your eyes on this hearty bowl of mushroom risotto 😍 This drool-worthy recipe is “mush” easier than you might think, and we’d love for you to create it at home for your family! 🍄 Head to our website now for the recipe.
- 750g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 45g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15g butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine (can omit)
- 250g arborio rice
- 1.25L salt reduced chicken stock
- ½ cup cream (optional)
- 30g butter (optional)
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot over high heat. Once melted, add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown (approx. 4 mins). Note: you may need to do this in two batches.
- Add the minced garlic, season with salt and pepper, then continue cooking until golden brown. Once browned, remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot, over a medium heat, melt the butter, then add the garlic and shallots.
- Cook for 2 mins or until the onion is translucent. Then add in the wine and allow to simmer for 2 mins, until mostly evaporated.
- Pour in the rice and stir for 1 min until it’s semi translucent. Then add approx. 1.5 cups of then chicken stock. Stir, leave for a couple of mins, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock (1.5 cups at a time), stirring occasionally until it’s mostly absorbed. Repeat until all the stock has been added and the rice is just cooked.
- If opting to use, thoroughly mix the cream and butter through the risotto, then stir in the parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Stir through half the mushrooms. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, divide the risotto into serving bowls, top with the reserved mushrooms, and garnish with parsley and extra parmesan. Enjoy!