No need to turn on the oven for this simple, vegan, and gluten-free chocolate avocado tart! A tart shell made from almond flour, coconut and medjool dates is filled with a silky smooth and chocolatey filling made from a base of… avocados. This recipe is naturally sweetened, too!
1. In a food processor add the tart shell ingredients and blend until the mixture holds
together when pressed between your hands (approx. 1 minute of blending total).
2. Transfer the mixture to an 8” tart pan with a removable bottom. Evenly press the
mixture along the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Then, using a container with a
flat bottom, press and smooth the shell neatly and uniformly into the pan.
3. Place the shell in the fridge for 1 hour to firm.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the filling: to a food processor, add all the filling ingredients and
blend until smooth. Note you may need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides
to ensure everything is incorporated.
5. Pour the filling into the chilled tart shell and using an offset spatula, neatly smooth
the top of the filling. Place back in the fridge for 1 hour to set. Best served chilled.
Note: If your dates are hard, place them in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to soften
before draining them and adding them to the food processor. This will help with blending.