There’s something about crunchy food that is so satisfying. Combine crunch with a hint of cheese and a soft sweet zucchini centre and you have the miracle that is Air-fried Zucchini Chips. We have tried to make these in the oven but there’s no comparison to the Air-fried version. They are so more-ish we should have doubled the recipe as you can eat a lot of these without the heavy feeling left by their potato cousins. We used Lebanese Zucchinis but any small zucchini will do, larger ones hold more water and may make the chips less crunchy.
- Cut the zucchini into fries approx 1 – 1.5cm thick.
- In a shallow dish add flour & season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk 2 x eggs in another shallow bowl.
- In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and thyme with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dry freshly cut zucchini fries with a paper towel then roll in flour & shake off excess. Dip in egg & allow excess to drip off, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place crumbed fries on a plate and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Working in small batches, place fries in a single layer inside the air fryer basket.
- Fry for 7-10 minutes at 200 degrees until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.