These delectable Indian fritters are a true delight for the taste buds. Thinly sliced onions, generously spiced and enveloped in a chickpea flour batter, are fried to perfection until golden and crispy. Pairing them with cucumber raita, a refreshing dip…
Are you craving something slightly sweet, slightly salty and a teeny bit creamy? Look no further than our NEW Pear & Blue Cheese Tart! It’s all of those things and it is moreish let us tell you!
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the puff pastry into four squares and place onto baking tray.
- Lightly score a 1.5cm border on each piece.
- Quarter each pear, being sure to remove the core and then cut each quarter into thin slices.
- Place the pear, butter, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over a medium to high heat. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until the pear has softened, and the mixture is forming a syrup.
- Allow mixture to cool for 5 mins. Brush the border of the pastries with the lightly beaten egg.
- Pile some softened pears onto each piece of puff pastry, staying within the border. Drizzle over some of the syrup.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the tarts are a deep golden brown. Then allow the tarts to cool outside of the oven for 5 mins.
- To serve, top the tarts with the crumbled blue cheese, scatter over the walnuts and drizzle with some of the remaining syrup. Serve immediately!