These candied orange slices are a perfect sweet treat to serve guests with coffee over the festive season. Although they look sophisticated, they are surprisingly easy to make and store in the fridge. Cara Cara oranges are the perfect oranges…
These little parcels of joy will surprise and delight all who are lucky enough to try one! Meet our Pear & Raspberry Hand Pies, filled with fresh Pear and Raspberries from your local Fruit and Veg shop.
- Add the raspberries, pear, sugar, and cornflour to a pot and stir.
- Cook contents of pot over a medium heat until the mixture is bubbly. Mash the fruit a little with a fork, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Cut the just thawed puff pastry sheet into 8 squares. Next, add a dollop of the raspberry and pear filling in the middle of each square and brush the edges of each square with some water.
- Fold each square over to form a triangle and crimp the edges of the triangles slightly with a fork.
- Combine the egg and 2 tbsp of water with a fork, then brush the tops of the hand pies using a pastry brush.
- Transfer the hand pies to the lined tray and bake in the oven for 22-25 mins, or until they’re golden brown.
- Once done, remove tray from the oven and allow the hand pies to cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack. Once the hand pies have cooled to room temperature, sift over the icing sugar, then serve!