Pears in pastry… now this is a dream come true! Our new Pear Turnovers are the sweet comfort food you’ve been looking for to combat this cold weather! We can guarantee they won’t disappoint!
Be sure to pick up the precious pears from your local fruit and veg shop.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Peel, core and slice pears into cubes, then combine the chopped pears with the cinnamon, nutmeg and caramel sauce.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into four large squares. Fold each square in half and cut into two triangles.
- Place a tablespoon of pear filling on one half of each triangle, brush the edges with cool water, then fold the triangles in half and pinch the edges together.
- Press the edges down with a fork to secure them.
- Brush the turnovers with the whisked egg, and sprinkle with brown sugar. and Next, make a few slits on the top of each pastry triangle to allow steam to escape when baking.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins, until golden and crispy.
- Serve warm on their own or with a dollop of cream or ice cream.