A Mexican-inspired, protein-rich take on the classic casserole, this quinoa bake is an easy dump-and-bake recipe.
Filled with flavourful favourites like enchilada sauce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, jalapenos, and onion; then topped with cheese, fresh avocado, lime and coriander – this is the easy Friday evening feed that’ll satisfy the whole family!
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Corn cut off the cob
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 and 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Half a jar of enchilada sauce
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- optional toppings: coriander, jalapeno, lime
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Add rinse quinoa in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the cheese and garnishes, in the baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack. The quinoa will be cooked through, but the casserole will still be watery.
- Remove foil and stir. Then bake for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is firm and the excess liquid evaporates.
- Top with the shredded cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve topped with coriander, jalapeno and lime